Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Piece of Land

It looks like a beauty. Don't she? Two acres of city-owned undevelopedness within eight minutes drive from my house. Plus, I got the community buy-in from the WCSBer. Of course as the old adage goes, if it looks too good to be true...

First of all, this property has never been developed residentially, which is another stipulation of the grant. Also apparently, there's a Sears building under those two acres of clover and grass. And every once in a while, someone torches and blows-up a car about 30 feet behind where the picture was taken. KABOOM! Mind you, this is Cleveland, we do what we like.

So the hunt continues. Tomorrow, I will be figuring out how to use the Land Bank map to scout out spots even closer to my house. Also, I did some experimenting with tomato plants last week, and I have some preliminary data that I want to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment