Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Some Plants Had to Die

It's beginning to be that time of year again. Some plants are withering; others turning brown, not a whole lot of flowering going on. It gets to the point that the new growth ain't worth the watering, and we come to this. Today, the tomatillos and beans were taken down and cleaned of their last fruits. I'm guestimating that this last haul is about 3 lbs of tomatillos and 2 lbs of beans. The tomatillos treated me righteously this year. I was sad to see them go.

On that note, the fall's first crop of beets and bok choy sprouted the other day. I'm still waiting for the spinach, but spinach takes longer to come up. In the space opened up today, I will be doing another round of fall planting with some arugula as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment