Thursday, July 23, 2009

"What's A Mucwer?"

In a former post, I had mentioned that I was excited to be making mucwers with my fresh zucchini the next day. Shortly there after, I received an email, asking "what's a mucwer? I googled it and only found it on your blog." And to that I say, "my bad."

Apparently, a mucwer is Justin Husher's colloquialized version of the ever popular mucver, pronounced "moo-vair." Mucver may not be ringing a bell, but at least you can google it. So yeah, mucwers, I mean mucvers. What's a mucver?

A mucver is a fried zucchini fritter with feta, egg, and a ton of fresh herbs: green onion, mint, dill, and parsley. Add some salt, and its a total flavor blowout. Mucvers are Turkish in origin and are often served with the Turkish version of tzatziki. In my humble opinion, I think mucvers are best thing you can do with a zucchini. Frankly, I don't understand why they're not popular yet, like at all. Grubbing, Tasty, Satisfying. I would love to see these crossover into our pop culture as a sandwich of the month at Almost Cleveland's Melt Bar and Grilled, or to be able to simply buy them at gyro/falafel places.

Let's start the mucver revolution. In the meantime, keep grating.

2 comments:

  1. I've had something like this, but we called them zucchini fritters! Didn't know it was Turkish, though

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I am TOTALLY going to make Mucwer. I have all the ingredients. WHY NOT?! Done and done! - Jamie

    ReplyDelete